I have been struggling to squeeze organizing swaps into my schedule this year, but I am missing them so much and regular ATC swappers have been asking, so we are DOING THIS!
What’s an Artist Trading Card?
If you are new to ATCs, here’s what you need to know:
Making an ATC is a way to be creative on a small scale, try out new techniques and skills in a non-threatening way. All you need to remember for this particular ATC swap is that it is a TEXTILE ATC swap:
- the card needs to be mostly fabric
- there must be a little bit of stitching involved.
- the card must not be too thick – no more than 1/8″ (3-4mm) please
- you must put your name and date on the back of the card (plus title and email address if you like)
If you’re still a bit unsure of what all that means – why not check out the the Very Berry ATC swap group on Flickr, where you can see photos of cards made for previous swaps?
The theme this time round is ‘Small Things’. You can interpret this however you like. It’s fine to be literal or you can just dwell on what the words conjure up for you and go all metaphorical. It’s all fine with an ATC.
Serious bit: Before signing up, please think for a minute whether you can put aside enough time to make something lovely and thoughtful for your swap partner, and whether you will be able to meet the deadlines. People who drop out of contact with me and don’t make deadlines without a good reason will be blacklisted from future swaps – I’m really sorry to have to do that, but I have to spend a lot of time chasing people up, and it’s not fair on other swappers.
The Dates, Rules and Other Info
- You will make 1 ATC and receive 1 ATC in return.
- It will be a secret swap (you will not be sending to the person you receive your card from) so please don’t let your partner know who you are!
- Your card must be the right size and fit the theme, be named and dated on the reverse of the card.
- You can sign up for the swap by completing this Google form by midnight on Sunday 8th October. Partners will be assigned by the end of Monday 9th October.
- Participation is open to anyone anywhere in the world (the ATCs won’t be too pricey to send), so please be prepared to send overseas if you join in (but I will *try* to make exceptions… just let me know on the form).
- Cards must be posted during the week 4-8 December 2017 (or a little earlier if you are posting overseas and you can manage it).
- Please do not include anything else in your parcel, except a friendly note or card.
- Once you have received your ATC, you must get in touch with your partner to say thanks.
- Please keep in touch with me by email and let me know when you have posted and received your ATC.
- Although Flickr doesn’t seem the image sharing platform of choice any more, please think about loading photos of ATC to the Flickr group, I’d love to keep that going.
- If you blog, use FB, Twitter or Instagram, please feel free to share your ATC swap progress, and definitely share pictures of the ATC you receive from your swap partner, if you can. Please use #veryberryatcswap to tag your posts.
Looking forward to seeing all your lovely creativity!
Supporting Very Berry Handmade
Now for the serious bit… I have decided to stop taking sponsorship on my blog so that I have more freedom to write what and when and how often I like. I pay a fee to keep the blog advert free. I also spend a lot of time managing the swap, assigning partners and making sure everyone gets an ATC (I estimate at least 12 hours per swap). If you would like to make a small donation to help support my blogging and swap administration, I’d be very grateful. It would also mean I could run more ATC swaps and mini-hoop swaps too. Thanks – and thanks to the generous people who have already donated, can’t tell you how much it means to me.
Make a donation
If you’d like to support me and my work providing free tutorials here at Very Berry – please do feel free to make a donation! It's set for £1, but you can increase the numbers of ££ in the little box, if you are feeling generous. I really appreciate all your support - thank you!