I’m happy to announce that sign-ups for the winter 2016 round of the Very Berry Artist Trading Card swap are now OPEN!
Old-timers might remember that we’ve had the ‘Winter Sparkle’ theme before.. I hope you don’t mind the repeat – it produced such great work last time round, and I absolutely loved it. Meanwhile, newbies will be thinking, what the heck is an ATC… happily I have the answer!
Making an ATC is a way to be creative on a small scale, try out new techniques and skills in a non-threatening way. All you need to remember for this particular ATC swap is that it is a TEXTILE ATC swap:
- the card needs to be mostly fabric
- there must be a little bit of stitching involved.
- the card must not be too thick – no more than 1/8″ (3-4mm) please
- you must put your name and date on the back of the card (plus title and email address if you like)
If you’re still a bit unsure of what all that means – why not check out the the Very Berry ATC swap group on Flickr, where you can see photos of cards made for previous swaps?
Serious bit: Before signing up, please think for a minute whether you can put aside enough time to make something lovely and thoughtful for your swap partner, and whether you will be able to meet the deadlines.
Now the good stuff..
- You will make 1 ATC and receive 1 ATC in return.
- It will be a secret swap (you will not be sending to the person you receive your card from) so please don’t let your partner know who you are!
- Your card must be the right size and fit the theme, and MUST have your name and date on the reverse.
- You can sign up for the swap by commenting on this post AND completing this Google form by 7pm on Monday 17th October, and swap partners will be assigned by Wednesday 19 October.
- Participation is open to anyone anywhere in the world (the ATCs won’t be too pricey to send), so please be prepared to send overseas if you join in (but I will *try* to make exceptions… just let me know on the form).
- Cards must be posted during the week 5-10 December 2016. (or a little earlier if you are posting overseas and you can manage it).
- Please do not include anything else in your parcel, except a note if you like! Don’t forget to include your email address so your partner can thank you.
- Obviously we are approaching Christmas, but not everyone wants to receive a Christmas themed ATC. There will be questions about this on the signing up form, so do please remember to be respectful of your partner’s feelings on this.
- Please avoid religious themes.
- Once you have received your ATC, you must get in touch with your partner to say thanks.
- This swap is open to all, so there’s no social media requirement, but it is MANDATORY to reply to a couple of check-in emails which I will send during the swap. Please keep in touch with me by email and you must also let me know when you have posted and received your ATC, again by email (or a tag on Instagram will probably find me!).
- Keep in mind that it’s really nice to share progress and pics and generally be part of the swapping community. If you blog, use FB, Twitter or Instagram, please feel free to share your ATC swap progress, and definitely share pictures of the ATC you receive from your swap partner, if at all possible. Please use #veryberryatcswap to tag your posts, where applicable.
I wanted to inspire you all, so I’ve already made an sparkly ATC:
Scattered throughout the Very Berry blog there are some brilliant posts about making an ATC… they are all tagged so should appear if you click on this link, but here are some super-practical posts that will reassure you if you haven’t made an ATC before:
Looking forward to swapping along with you all!