I promised another Very Berry Textile Artist Trading Card swap in the spring – so here it is – our 9th! If you are new to ATCs, here’s what you need to know:
Making an ATC is a way to be creative on a small scale, try out new techniques and skills in a non-threatening way. All you need to remember for this particular ATC swap is that it is a TEXTILE ATC swap:
- the card needs to be mostly fabric
- there must be a little bit of stitching involved.
- the card must not be too thick – no more than 1/8″ (3-4mm) please
- you must put your name and date on the back of the card (plus title and email address if you like)
If you’re still a bit unsure of what all that means – why not check out the the Very Berry ATC swap group on Flickr, where you can see photos of cards made for previous swaps?
Time to reveal the theme – I hope you like it… I thought a text/quote theme would be fun – but please, do feel free to interpret this however you like.
- Serious bit: Before signing up, please think for a minute whether you can put aside enough time to make something lovely and thoughtful for your swap partner, and whether you will be able to meet the deadlines. People who drop out of contact with me and don’t make deadlines without a good reason will be blacklisted from future swaps – I’m really sorry to have to do that, but I have to spend a lot of time chasing people up, and it’s not fair on other swappers.
Now the good stuff..
- You will make 1 ATC and receive 1 ATC in return.
- It will be a secret swap (you will not be sending to the person you receive your card from) so please don’t let your partner know who you are!
- Your card must be the right size and fit the theme, be named and dated.
- You can sign up for the swap by commenting on this post and by completing this Google form by Wednesday 4th May. Partners will be assigned by the end of Friday 6th May.
- Participation is open to anyone anywhere in the world (the ATCs won’t be too pricey to send), so please be prepared to send overseas if you join in (but I will *try* to make exceptions… just let me know on the form).
- Cards must be posted during the week 20th – 25th June 2016 (or a little earlier if you are posting overseas and you can manage it).
- Please do not include anything else in your parcel, except a note if you like!
- Once you have received your ATC, you must get in touch with your partner to say thanks.
- Please keep in touch with me by email and let me know when you have posted and received your ATC.
- Although you don’t have to be a Flickr user to join in with this swap, it is fun for everyone if you join in with the community there, and share pictures of your progress and your completed card. Please try and do this if you can!
- If you blog, use FB, Twitter or Instagram, please feel free to share your ATC swap progress, and definitely share pictures of the ATC you receive from your swap partner, if you can. Please use #veryberryatcswap to tag your posts.
Looking forward to seeing all your lovely creativity!