Do you want to be able to download sewing patterns, so you can get hold of them immediately, with no waiting around for the post or having to make a trip to your nearest sewing pattern emporium (and how many are there of them anyway?!)? Then you should definitely check out Patterns to Print – a web outlet for indie pattern designers of accessories, bags, clothes and quilts. Or to put it in a nutshell- it’s a one-stop marketplace for instant PDF sewing patterns.
The founder of the site is Samantha Hussey, of Mrs H Sewing Patterns – she had the extremely clever of idea of setting up a pattern download website to help designers deal with the tricky issue of new European VAT laws which came into force in early 2015 – so great for designers as well as their customers! Here’s one of Samantha’s lovely bag designs – the Companion Carpet Bag:
Other designers on the site include Diane Bohn who designs under the name ‘From Blank Pages’ and creates stunning paper pieced patterns for quilters, like this one called Candy Wrappers:
Amongst clothing designers, I really like Rachael Gander’s Imagine Gnats range. This cute Roly-Poly Pinafore Tunic is so adorable:
And I am in love with this fabulous Modern Medallion Quilt by Two Little Aussie Birds – it’s a real stunner of a design:
The happy news is that I have a giveaway prize of a £20 voucher to spend at Patterns to Print! Here are the rules:
- For one entry into the draw it would be great if you tell me what kind of patterns you would like to download from Patterns to Print.
- For a second entry into the draw you can like or follow Patterns to Print on Instagram, on Facebook, on Twitter, or on Pinterest – and LEAVE A SECOND COMMENT to tell me that you have.
- For a third entry into the draw – you can sign up to the Patterns to Print newsletter, and LEAVE A THIRD COMMENT to tell me that you have.
- Don’t forget to leave the extra comments if you follow steps 2 or 3 – I wont be able to give you your extra chances otherwise – sorry!
- The voucher giveaway is open to anyone in the world.
- I will make the draw on Tuesday 24 November at around 7pm GMT – so get your entry in before then.
So all that remains for me to say is…