It’s time for an ATC swap! This is the 6th Very Berry Textile Artist Trading Card Swap – and I can’t tell you how proud I am of the little swapping community we have built up, and how pleased I am to have made so many online friends, all because of this swap. If you haven’t participated before, we’d love to have you along for the ride – all we ask is that you read the rules and commit to the posting dates!
The theme this time round is Home Sweet Home – please feel free to interpret this however you like. Your card can reflect the building where you live, the place where you live, what makes a home….
If ATCs are new to you – here’s some info about what all this is about and the rules of the swap:
1) What’s an ATC?
ATC stands for Artist’s Trading Card, and it’s basically the creative, unique and arty version of a business card.
2) OK, so what’s the point of an ATC?
It’s a way to be creative on a small scale, try out new techniques and skills in a non-threatening way. Lots of people collect these mini pieces of art, swap them, and give them as gifts.
3) Ok, I’m interested, tell me the details – What size is an ATC?
Your ATC must measure 3.5″x2.5″ (6.4cm by 8.9cm) – about the size of a business card. You can use the card in either portrait or landscape orientation. Don’t make the card too thick – no more than 1/8″ (3-4mm) please.
4) But what’s a textile ATC?
The majority of your ATC must be fabric and there must be at least a little bit of stitching involved. But otherwise, the world is your oyster. You can use any techniques that you want to try, e.g. applique, embroidery, patchwork, beading, cross-stitch, fusing fabrics, colouring fabrics, using fabric paints or ink stamps, you can even include crochet, weaving or knitting.
5) I’m really interested – where can I see some textile ATCs?
There is a Very Berry ATC swap group on Flickr, where you can see photos of cards made for previous swaps.
6) Wow – they are brilliant, I’m in, where do I sign up?
Hang on, read the rules first!
- You will make 1 ATC and receive 1 ATC in return.
- Your card must be the right size and fit the theme.
- Your card must have your name and the date on reverse (you can include your web address/email and the title of your card too if you want to).
- The theme for ATC swap 6 is Home Sweet Home – please feel free to interpret that however you like!
- Please sign up by leaving a comment on this post and dropping me an email at veryberryhandmade (at) gmail (dot) com by 6pm on Tuesday 3rd March. I will send you an email with a few questions (just a bit of basic info for the swap) on Wednesday 4th March and you must respond by 6pm on Friday 6th March. Partners will be assigned by Monday 9th March.
- It will be a secret swap (you will not be sending to the person you receive your card from) so please don’t let your partner know who you are!
- Participation is open to anyone anywhere in the world (the ATCs wont be too pricey to send), so please be prepared to send overseas if you join in (but I will *try* to make exceptions if you are really stuck for cash… just let me know).
- Cards must be posted during the week 20th – 24th April (or a little earlier if you are posting overseas and you can manage it).
- Please do not include anything else in your parcel, except a note if you like!
- Once you have received your ATC, you must get in touch with your partner to say thanks.
- Although you don’t have to be a Flickr user to join in with this swap, it is fun for everyone if you join in with the community there, and share pictures of your progress and your completed card. Please try and do this if you can!
- If you blog, use FB, Twitter or Instagram, please feel free to share your ATC swap progress, and definitely share pictures of the ATC you receive from your swap partner, if you can. Please use #veryberryatcswap to tag your posts.
- Serious bit: Before signing up, please think for a minute whether you can put aside enough time to make something lovely and thoughtful for your swap partner, and whether you will be able to meet the deadlines.
That’s it for now – leave a comment if you are in! Oh, and here’s a little button if you want one for your blog – just copy and paste the code below.
<div align="center"><a href="http://wp.me/p11YdZ-1Kb" title="Very Berry ATC Swap 6"><img src="https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8661/16680408181_de8715a859_o.jpg" alt="Very Berry ATC Swap 6" style="border:none;" /></a></div>