I know from my Art Trading Card swaps that there are some wonderfully talented designers out there reading Very Berry. Online printers myprint247 spotted all that talent too, and got in touch to see if I wanted to work with them – so I jumped at the chance and asked if they would be interested in providing the prize for a postcard design competition. They did, so we are all systems go, and I am very excited to announce the launch of the Very Berry Postcard Design Competition!
Here’s how it works….
There are 2 competition categories:
Favourite Art Postcard
The Art Postcard must be a photo of an original drawing, painting, print or piece of stitched art. It must be your own design – you can use stuff that you have created previously or stuff that you are already selling as an art print, but it must involve sewing, stitching, knitting, crochet or textiles in some way (either in subject matter or media used).
If I were entering, I would definitely submit the ATC I made a couple of years back:
Favourite Promo Postcard
For this category you will need to submit a design to promote a business or service. The business or service must be craft related, and you must include some explanatory text about the business concerned. It needn’t be your own business! Here’s my business postcard artwork to give you an example of what I mean:
- Closing date for entries is 6 February 2015.
- Email your entries to veryberryhandmade (at) gmail (dot) com.
- Please use the same email address if you have any questions about the competition.
- You may submit one entry in each category, but no more than 2 entries per person please.
- Entries from the UK only please.
- A shortlist for each category will be selected by me, and I will set up a poll for Very Berry readers to vote for their favourite starting on the 8 February.
- Voting will close on the 12 February, and the winner will be announced on the 13 February 2015.
- Please follow the myprint247 guidelines when you are sizing your artwork:
- Full bleed size is 154mm x 111mm; Size of card after trimming is 148mm x 105mm; recommended resolution is 300dpi; if you can CMYK is preferable to RGB.
And, oh yes, the most important thing of all – the prize! The prize is 100 postcards made up in the winning designs by myprint247 for each category winner. So get doodling and editing those images! And good luck!