We live in exciting times when it comes to online shopping for fabrics – there seem to be new shops opening all the time. Setting up an online shop is an awful lot of hard work, and I always appreciate it when it has been done well. Secret Garden Quilting is a case in point.
The shop is the lovely creation of Lucy Gurney (with some tech help from her husband). Lucy has always been a sewer, but became interested in patchwork and quilting when she was living in the United States during the 1990s (of course!). On her return to the UK, she enrolled in a sampler quilt course, and was hooked! Lucy’s goal is to open a quilt shop in her local area, but has started by taking her ‘pop-up’ shop to local quilt groups and village halls in the north Hertfordshire area and by opening her fab internet shop.
Lucy’s online shop is well organised, has a really great range of fabrics from Moda, Makower, Lecien, Robert Kaufman and more. I particularly like the good range of FQ bundles, that always offer at least a 10% discount over buying the fat quarters individually or fabrics by the metre. Postage charges are very fair too, which I always appreciate.
The good news is that Lucy is offering Very Berry readers the chance to win a gorgeous bundle of 9 FQs from Makower. The design of these cute and pretty fabrics is by Henley Studios and the collection is called Flo’s Garden:
- The giveaway will run until midnight GMT on Thursday 13 March, and is open to anyone, anywhere.
- For one chance of winning leave a comment on this blog post telling us what you would do with these pretty fabrics if you won.
- For a second chance of winning, follow Secret Garden Quilting on Facebook and leave a second comment on this blog post telling us you have done so.
- The prize includes UK postage. If the winner is based outside the UK they will pay any extra postage charge.
- I will announce the winner on Friday, and will let the winner know by email. If I don’t hear back from the winner within 48 hours I will draw another winner.