A couple of Christmas books to consider…
Seeing as it’s Book Tuesday I thought I’d just mention a couple of books I’d spotted in the latest Book People Catalogue. Gorgeous Christmas by Annie Bell (available at £4.99) and Sarah Raven’s Complete Christmas (also at £4.99) are both lovely books with lots of great Christmas eating and entertaining ideas. I have both of these and am really delighted with both of them – highly recommended, and you can’t argue with those prices!
I’ve been tagged by Fiona from the brilliant Cottage Smallholder blog. As she says, tagging other bloggers is fun because you find out more about them and find new and interesting blogs. The rules are that you answer the eight questions posed to you and then you send your own eight questions to eight other bloggers of your choice. Here are my answers to Fiona’s questions.
1. What have you learnt from blogging?
I’ve learnt that if you stick at something it can bring you lots of lovely rewards. I’ve been blogging for 2 or 3 years now, and one of the things that I love about it is that I can look back and see all the things that we’ve got up to over that period – crafting, baking, gardening and all the rest.
2. What was your proudest moment and why?
I guess my proudest moment was the birth of my twin boys at nearly 40 weeks. My proudest long term thing is that I managed to breastfeed them and keep breastfeeding them, even when it was incredibly tough to keep going.
3. What is the naughtiest thing that you have ever done?
Crikey! Errrrr…. To keep this decent I think the naughtiest thing I ever did when I was a kid was to rip my brother’s art homework in two. I feel very bad about it…
4. Who or what populates your nightmares?
It used to be rats, but that seems to be a thing of the past now. These days it’s usually that I can’t find something really important to me.
5. Do you have “me time”. If so what do you do and why?
Gosh, I am so lucky because I get to do a lot of what I like every day – crochet, sewing, baking, cooking. To totally get away from things I love to go to the local pub with my other half and drink real ale.
6. The one food or ingredient that you fret about running out and why?
Honey… definitely. Last year when there was rumours about a shortage I was panic buying. I was convinced that twin number 1 would never forgive me if we ran out.
7. The best book that you have read in the last five years and why?
Oh good grief, that’s such an impossible question. I am going to leave out fiction because there’s no way I could choose. So I am going to go with Bread Matters by Andrew Whitley – because finally learning how to make decent sourdough bread has been fantastic.
8. If you could erase a person/experience/mistake from your life who/what would it be and why?
I really wish I hadn’t taken a really rubbish job back in 1997… it was 3 years of real nastiness that didn’t do much for my confidence. Mind you, it did mean I could live in London and have a really good time, so even that wasn’t all bad.
My 8 questions are:
1. What do you enjoy about blogging?
2. What’s your ideal holiday?
3. What is your favourite comfort food?
4. What is your proudest achievement and why?
5. What do you lose sleep over?
6. What’s your favourite way to relax?
7. What’s your favourite film?
8. Where’s your favourite place to shop online?
And the people I am going to tag are:
These are all great blogs belonging to some very talented people – I hope you feel like joining in this game of Tag!
By the way – if you like Very Berry and want to come back again sometime then why not sign up as a Fan on Facebook. I’ve promised that when I get to 150 fans I will have a mystery giveaway competition. 😀